Thursday, June 30, 2011

No more nintendo (continued)

Things are easier after a while. I've been x box free for I think two or three weeks now. My time feels better spent. I've been reading more (Ensign, scriptures, etc.) and have found a lot more time to help Heidi around the house. I also am finding myself to be more patient calm and collected. My memory is better than usual and I feel much more efficient. Hurrah, for no Nintendo.

Heidi and I are going on a trip to Oregon for the week of the fourth of July. We are planning on having tons of fun with my aunt Debbie, uncle Kevin and their son Ethan. We are going to spend time camping, watching a civil war reenactment, lighting fireworks and thanking God for the great freedoms we have been blessed with. It will also be a good time for me to relax and recuperate from work.

Work is going well. I've been working hard in my new "Parts Management" position which includes just about anything needed of me at the shop. I recently had a little bit of a breakdown because I was feeling under demiciated (under appreciated) by my superiors and others at work. After a lengthy conversation with my Dad I found that the problems I thought I was having, I really wasn't. I've been focused too much on what others are doing and how they need to fix their bad habits. I need to readjust my thoughts to be directed towards myself. "How can I do better," "How can I help others," essentially "How can I be more like Christ." There have been times in my life where I find myself doing things the way I feel my Heavenly Father would have me do them. Those have been my happiest moments. I say "moments" because they never seem to be around for too long. The past few years those moments have become less frequent and I want to change that and am working hard to do so.

1 comment:

Chelsea* said...

Way to go Trevor! This is amazing! i hope you are able to relax in Oregon!